1. Store - an online store available at http://www.akma-niedomice.pl, operated by the owner Konrad Podstawski, conducting business under the name: F.H.P. AKMA 2 Konrad Podstawski, ul. Długa 43, 33-132 Niedomice, NIP 993-047-04-72, REGON 120241475, through which the Customer can make purchases of Products from the Store's assortment.
2. Consumer - a natural person making a purchase in the Store by placing an Order, for purposes unrelated directly to their business or professional activity.
3. Entrepreneur - a natural person, legal person, or organizational unit without legal personality, granted legal capacity by law, conducting business or professional activity on their own behalf, who places an Order directly related to their business or professional activity.
4. Customer - both a Consumer and an Entrepreneur.
5. Product - a movable item that is the subject of an Order, offered in the Store's assortment.
6. Registration - the process of creating an Account by the Customer on the Store's website to make a purchase, by completing an electronic form, i.e., providing the Customer's personal data such as name, address, PESEL/NIP, contact phone number, and an individual Login in the form of an active email address (email) and a Password consisting of at least 5 characters of their choice.
7. Account - a part of the Store available to the Customer after logging in by entering their email address and password provided during Registration, constituting a resource of the Customer's data, information about their activities in the Store, and Order history.
8. Order - the Customer's declaration of intent to purchase a Product submitted through the Store by completing an electronic form, specifying the selected Product, its quantity, shipping address, payment method, and delivery method.
II. General provisions
1. This regulations (hereinafter referred to as the "Regulations") comply with the requirements specified in the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of electronic services (Journal of Laws No. 144, item 1204, as amended).
2. The Regulations specify the rules and technical conditions for the provision of electronic services by the Store, as well as the rules for the Customer's use of the Store, the method of placing and executing Orders, payment methods for Products, the Customer's right to withdraw from the contract, and the rules for submitting complaints and using warranties.
3. The Store's Customer is obliged to familiarize themselves with the content of the Regulations before placing an Order and to accept its content in order to make a purchase.
4. The technical requirements necessary to use the Store, including browsing the Store's assortment and placing Orders, are as follows:
- having an active email account,
5. Browsing the Store's assortment does not require Registration, which is, however, necessary to place an Order and purchase a Product. A Customer who does not want to create an Account can place an Order after prior acceptance of the provisions of the Regulations and entering the necessary data for order fulfillment.
In matters not regulated by the provisions of the Regulations, the relevant provisions of the universally applicable law shall apply accordingly.
1.The Customer enters into an agreement for the provision of electronic services with the Store at the time of completing the Registration process, after reviewing and accepting the Terms and Conditions, and giving consent to the processing of personal data necessary for establishing, changing, or terminating services provided electronically.
2. The Registration process involves:
a) filling out an electronic form on the main page of the Store by providing the required data in accordance with the current state:
first and last name/company name,
active email address (which will be required for each subsequent login to the Store),
- a password consisting of at least 5 characters,
b) reviewing the Terms and Conditions and accepting them.
3.The Customer has the option to create one Account for the same email address.
4. After successful completion of Registration in the Store, each subsequent login to place an Order is done using the data provided in the registration form, specifically the email address and password.
IV. Ordering Procedure and its Execution
1.The Store sells Products via the Internet
only within Poland.
2. Orders can be placed in the Store 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, throughout the year, with the reservation that Orders placed after 8:00 PM or on public holidays will be processed on the next business day, during the Store's working hours, i.e., from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
3. Orders for Products available on the Store's website are accepted only through the Store.
4. Orders should be placed as follows:
a) create an Account or log in to the individual Customer Account in the Store if the Customer already has an existing Account, or place an Order without creating an Account,
b) select the desired Product from the Store's assortment and click "Add to Cart",
c) choose the quantity of the ordered Product and the delivery method,
d) enter the Customer's personal data and the delivery address,
e) select the payment method and click
5.The execution time of an Order depends on the availability of the Product and is always communicated to the Customer before confirming the Order.
6.After placing an Order, the Customer will receive an email message with information and confirmation of the placed Order within 2 days of submitting the Order.
7.After completing the above steps, the Customer should expect contact from a Store representative before making the payment for the purchased Product.
8.Upon receiving the final trade terms, the Customer confirms the Order. Failure to confirm the Order by the Customer within 3 business days from the date of placing the Order means canceling the Order.
9.In the event of circumstances that completely or temporarily prevent the fulfillment of the placed Order, the Store owner reserves the right to suspend the Order's execution. In such cases, the Customer will be promptly notified.
10.The Store owner reserves the right to verify the Order in cases that raise reasonable concerns about the correct completion of the Order form by the Customer or in the event of the Customer's violation of the Terms and Conditions, which may result in canceling the Order.
11.Orders with incorrectly filled contact details (non-existent email or no phone number provided) will not be processed.
12.The Customer may modify or cancel a confirmed Order, either in part or in whole, with the consent of the Store, provided that the Product has not been dispatched.
13.A sales document, in the form of a receipt or VAT invoice, is issued for each Order.
14. All furniture frames are made in standard beech color. There is an option to change the color scheme.
V. Product Price and Delivery Methods
1. The prices of Products available in the assortment of the online store, accessible at http://www.akma-niedomar.pl, are given in Polish zlotys (PLN) and include VAT.
2. The Store owner reserves the right to change the prices of Products in the assortment, introduce new Products, carry out and cancel promotional campaigns on the Store's website, or make changes to them, without prejudice to the rights of Customers who have already placed Orders.
3. The Store offers various delivery methods, which may include:
a) Courier delivery: The Product is delivered to the address indicated by the Customer during the ordering process. The delivery cost and estimated delivery time are provided to the Customer before confirming the Order.
b) Personal pickup: The Customer has the option to personally pick up the Product from the Store's designated location. The pickup details will be communicated to the Customer after confirming the Order.
4. The delivery cost depends on the chosen delivery method, the weight and dimensions of the Product, and the delivery address. The Customer will be informed about the exact delivery cost during the ordering process.
5. The Store owner strives to ensure that the ordered Products are delivered to the Customer within the specified timeframe, taking into account the availability of the Product and the chosen delivery method. However, the Store owner cannot be held responsible for any delays in delivery that are beyond their control, such as courier company delays or force majeure events.
VI. Payment Methods
1. The Store provides the following payment
a) Bank transfer: The Customer makes the payment by transferring the total amount due for the Order to the bank account specified by the Store owner. The Order will be processed and dispatched after the payment is received and verified.
b) Online payment: The Customer can use secure online payment methods available on the Store's website, such as credit card payments or electronic payment systems. The payment is processed immediately, and the Order will be processed and dispatched accordingly.
2. The Store owner reserves the right to introduce or withdraw specific payment methods or require additional verification of the Customer's identity for certain payment methods.
VII. Complaints and Returns
1.The Customer has the right to submit complaints regarding the purchased Product in the event of its non-compliance with the Order or defects found.
2. Complaints should be submitted in writing, including a detailed description of the complaint, the Order number, and contact details of the Customer. The complaint can be submitted via email or traditional mail to the addresses provided on the Store's website.
3. The Store owner undertakes to consider each complaint within 14 days from the date of its submission. The Customer will be informed about the outcome of the complaint procedure via the contact details provided.
4. In the event of a justified complaint, the Store owner may offer a refund, exchange the Product, repair the Product, or take other appropriate actions to resolve the issue, in accordance with applicable consumer protection laws.
5. The Customer has the right to return the purchased Product within 14 days from the date of its receipt, without providing a reason, in accordance with the provisions of the Act on Consumer Rights. The returned Product must be unused, undamaged, and returned in its original packaging.
6. The Customer is responsible for the costs and organization of returning the Product, unless the reason for the return is a justified complaint or the Store owner agrees to cover the return costs.
VIII. Personal Data Protection
1.The Store owner processes personal data of Customers in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. The Customer's personal data is collected and processed solely for the purpose of executing Orders, providing customer support, and fulfilling legal obligations.
3. The Customer has the right to access, rectify, and delete their personal data held by the Store owner. They can request information about the processing of their personal data and withdraw their consent at any time. The Store owner will take appropriate measures to fulfill such requests, unless there are legal obligations or legitimate grounds for retaining the data.
4. The Store owner implements technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of the Customer's personal data and protect it from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
5. The Customer's personal data may be shared with third-party service providers engaged by the Store owner to facilitate the Order fulfillment process, such as courier companies or payment processors. These service providers are obligated to handle the data in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations.
IX. Final Provisions
1. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Customer and the Store owner regarding the use of the online store and the purchase of Products.
2. The Store owner reserves the right to amend or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time, provided that such changes do not affect the rights and obligations arising from already concluded purchase agreements.
3. Any disputes arising from the interpretation or performance of these Terms and Conditions shall be resolved amicably. If an amicable resolution cannot be reached, the dispute shall be subject to the competent courts according to the applicable laws.
4. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is deemed invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
5. The Store owner's failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
6. These Terms and Conditions are available in Polish. In the event of any discrepancies between the Polish version and translations into other languages, the Polish version shall prevail.
7. These Terms and Conditions are effective as of [insert effective date] and are valid until further notice.
8. Thank you for choosing our online store. We hope you have a pleasant shopping experience!